My name is Eileen Wallace. I was born in the shadow of Stirling Castle and am a daughter of The Rock.
Most of my early schooling was local and further education was Aberdeen and London. My working life was spent mainly within the NHS in a Nursing capacity. I have been a full time carer for several years and have also helped run a successful local business.
In my retirement I have been involved and supported many local voluntary groups as follows:-
- I co-chaired Older People’s Reference Group facilitated by my local authority.
- Involvement in the Stirling Care Village project from its inception, particularly The Bellfield Centre.
- At a national level – Vice Chair of Scottish Older Peoples Assembly raising awareness of older peoples issues in consultation with the Scottish Government.
- Elected Service user representative on NHS Forth Valley Public Partnership Forum Co-Ordinating Group from 2006 until this was disbanded in 2019.
- Member of NHS Forth Valley Public Patient Panel from 2004 to present date.
- For six years I was the Elected Service User Representative on Strategic Planning Group for Clackmannanshire & Stirling Integrated Joint Board.
- Most recently I have been involved as a Service User Representative in a series of stakeholder workshops which have explored the preferred models of care the project should pursue for each service areas within the Falkirk Community Hospital Masterplan.